Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Messing Around: Shutter Speed

Happy Wednesday! How's everybody doing today?

Playing around with a camera is really fun. I particularly love playing with the shutter speed sometimes and I'm gonna show you something I learned from my photography class.

It's pretty simple. We're gonna be using the LCD screen so go ahead and turn it on. I always use the camera's viewfinder but for these shots, instead of looking through the viewfinder, I use the camera's LCD screen.

Then, slow down the shutter speed (or set the camera to Tv if you have a Canon camera or whatever setting that lets you pick the shutter speed), focus on the subject and spin the camera while pressing the shutter at the same time.

Here are the results:

Rocks outside our patio


The carpet inside our place.
(Damn, it looks kinda dirty in the picture but really, we don't have dirty carpets!)



Some calla lilly bush growing outside next to our patio.



The rocks on some rock garden in the hallway of our building.


Some Valentine's themed gift wrapper. I'm not really a fan of this shot.


Pretty cool huh?

See with these shots, PATIENCE IS KEY. Sometimes, you won't get the results you want so just keep trying! I got pretty lucky with the shots (like the first image and the calla lilly shots) where there's a focused subject smacked-dabbed in the center (or almost in the center) of the image. Most of the time, the camera focuses on random spots.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment