Monday, March 7, 2011

SOTD: The Spoiled One

This is an old picture of Sophie (my batshitcrazy/hilarious feline friend) and believe it or not, I took this with a point-and-shoot camera (Canon Powershot S5).


Here's a side story. I took a supplemental photography class last summer and there was this asshole who thinks he's the best photographer in the world because he got a $3,000 DSLR camera. The guy bragged for days about how awesome he is but when he showed his pictures to the class, the teacher pretty much ripped most of his images into shreds (not literally, you know what I mean). I concluded that he pretty much spent money on a camera he does not know how to use (pictures were blurry and either overexposed or underexposed).

When I showed this picture to the class, I got nothing but raves and everyone was surprised to hear it was taken with a $300 camera.

Moral of the story is just because someone has an expensive camera, it doesn't mean they're the shit. The brain makes the pictures, not the camera. I have met some people who take awesome pictures simply by using their cellphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment