Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We Have RED Couches!

I know you're saying "What were you thinking?" right at the moment. Okay, it was seriously love at first sight when we saw our red sofa set sitting in the design floor of a furniture store in North Carolina. Back then, I think we were going through our "Let's be different and fun!" phase.

But now that I'm thinking about redecorating (ie: painting the walls, changing the throw pillows etc.), it's been quite a pain in the ass to find something that goes with red except for white and black. I think I'm lacking in the imagination department right now because I can't think of anything.

I also now wish we bought a sofa set in a neutral color instead of red. Gah, we should have bought the white leather couch set.

Even Google Images is not helpful at all. I got nothing but white, white/grey and grey walls...and of course, black and white throw pillows. *groans*


Do you guys have any decorating ideas/suggestions? I'm thinking about mixing it up and maybe adding a splash of color, maybe either lime green, aqua blue or turquoise accents. Will those colors work?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE red couches. We want a red couch/loveseat. We have a brown papasan that I think would go well with it, and all our brown furniture in the Living Room.

    I think Red and aqua would look amazing. Seriously. An aqua throw on the back of the couch, aqua lampshade? I think you could do it and it would look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you found something that works. red and purple look fantastic together- if its too bold for you, add alot of white. you can google the combo- there are lots of great pics on google images- also red and lime green- or red and lime green and pink. red and teal is a super nice combo- with grey walls its even better. i googled all of those combos and came up with some amazing ideas for my own place (i also have red leather couches- my first thought was the same as yours- its impossible to pick colours that dont clash with red. but then, i started looking into it and just googling different, edgy combos, and there are so many options that when i chose my scheme i was definately overwhelmed. my next couches will not be red though. maybe teal. good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete