Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring? What Spring?

Seriously, what spring? Everyone seems to be excited about spring except for me.

Why is that, you ask? Well, I live in the Pacific Northwest and spring is totally different here. I don't even think we get spring up here. While many of you are enjoying the sunshine, perfect temperatures and the pretty flowers, I get to enjoy....more like, endure the rain. Lots and lots and lots of rain. The weather over here really puts a damper on everything.


I'm originally from California (San Jose, CA to be exact.) While living there, spring means no more cold weather, sunshine and it's time to bust out the flip-flops, shorts and dresses. Then I joined the Army and moved to Fort Bragg, NC in the fall of 2003. Spring in North Carolina was not so bad either and maybe it's because the summer weather is freaking awful. I prefer the NC spring weather over the super-humid and sticky NC summer weather. Then, I moved to Washington state during the end of the summer in 2006. From what I remember, my first Washington spring wasn't so bad; I actually thought it was beautiful. I remember daffodils and tulips grew everywhere, lots of sunshine and not a lot of rain.

Then it went downhill from there. I swear every single spring since I lived here, all we got was grey skies and rain every single time. I haven't even seen daffodils and tulips pop out of the ground for a loooong time. Just rain and grey skies; Lots and lots and lots of rain.

I guess I can look in the bright side. We get the best summers here in the Pacific Northwest. The average temperature is usually around the high-70s or low-80s. I love that it's not too hot to be outside and doing outdoor activities is not a pain in the ass because the weather is so enjoyable.

I just hate that I have to wait until the day after 4th of July. Seriously, the summer over here does not officially start until after that day.

Do you get sucky spring weather where you live? Wanna make me feel better and tell me about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment